Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2013

A bientôt.

So this morning, I swapped the soundtrack to my jog from Daft Punk....to ABBA...because tomorrow we leave Uzes en route for three weeks travelling around Sweden, Denmark and Ireland:


Our suitcases are almost packed. Luckily, we've just discovered that the international airline, which will eventually take us home to Tasmania, has increased it's luggage limits to 30 kilos each...phew. This last week has been a whirlwind of frenetic activity.....amongst other things, the fete de l'ecole and the end of year spectacle....here's the five year old sporting a gardener's costume....whipped up by the teacher out of the magic that is crepe paper:


The farewelling of friends....I even donned this Collette Dinnigan frock:


and drove an hour down the peage to Montpellier to have a swanky lunch with my fab friend Nicole at the Musee Fabre:


....while my husband and children watched the stage finish of Le Tour de France.

And here's the ten year old bidding au revoir to his best friend from school, the friend who single handedly turned his school experience from torture into triumph (thank you, thank you, thank you):


And the ticking off of the last few activities from our bucket list.....including climbing two of the three towers of Uzes:


And canoeing down The Gardon and under the Pont du Gard:


I'm really sad to be saying goodbye, it has been a truly amazing experience in an incredible place.

Look at this achingly beautiful field of sunflowers that I stumbled across on Sunday on the way to a brocante market:


And this view of the the Virgin Mary glimpsed from the Jardin Medieval:


And even more perspectives of Uzes' answer to the leaning tower of Pisa, Le Tour Fennestrelle:



And finally, feast your eyes on this dramatic electrical storm which crossed over in front of our place last night:


So, so beautiful. 

Anyway, I am just going outside and may be some time.......realistically, I may be all the way back in Hobart before I can access my computer again, seeing on the next stage of our journey that we're flying Ryanair with only carry on bags and even then we'll all be crammed into that Volvo. Anyway, if you're tempted you can always check in and see what I'm up to on instagram here.

Rx

6 comments:

  1. oh romy i bet you are so sad to leave. seeing your photos gives me chills b/c they are so beautiful and meaningful. the pic of felix and his friend brought a tear to my eye. what an accomplishment it has been for him and your whole family really. what an experience! enjoy your new travels my friend. xo janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad, Janet...it has been such an amazing family time. Funny you should have mentioned the photo of the boys...I was crying, Kim was crying, Felix's friends' mum was crying and both boys were crying...it was a v emotional moment....sad yet at the same time incredibly exhilarating. I hope that they will see each other again...one day! It is such a rare thing to make such a heartfelt friend. Rx

      Delete
  2. Don't know why but that friend of your son being such good company put a lump in my throat. How extraordinarily simple yet sweet. Such great memories...safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lumps were in everyone's throats! Words can't describe how phenomenal this time has been for everyone in our family....although I must say not for the feint hearted! Rx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post - so sad for a friendship to be parting so soon though. I've always found it fascinating how children can just gravitate toward one another, become best friends often without language when they're very little and have such an intense friendship. Love your Collette dress, the beautiful photos of Utzes and I'm sure you'll have a fab time on your next leg of your journey before home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word. You sure know how to really live in the moment, Romy. Fabulousness. Enjoy the last leg before your return to snow-bedecked Mt Wellington! J x

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts! Rx