Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Thoughts.

Did you know that if heated to a high temperature olive oil becomes carcinogenic? Me neither. Am I the only person who didn't know this? Luckily some friends were talking about it at the park while our children were running riot. Now I know. I must say that I'm somewhat perturbed by the amount of times I must have been unknowingly exposed to the fumes. Why isn't this fact included on the label? Cigarettes are covered in scary health warnings - why not one line on olive oil bottle?

This conversation prompted me to wake up in the early hours of Saturday morning when the realisation struck that I should clean my oven. It's always smoking. Not any more. I'm ashamed to admit how long it's been since I last cleaned it. With baking soda and elbow grease it took me most of the weekend to work over both ovens. Look how clean and shiny they are now:




I'm happy to report that I did more than just clean the oven on the weekend. The boys went camping so the girls and I got to engage in some unencumbered by boys shoe shopping. I am working on giving my boys a well rounded education by subjecting them to stints in ladies change rooms and extended shopping trips. I know that it may take some time until they participate in a docile manner. Yet I'm committed to the cause - but then sometimes it's just easier to go without them. Saturday was such a red letter day. Both girls came away with a new pair of shoes. Look how happy they are:



I know that I have previously stated that Milly was walking. I may have been a tad premature. Maybe it would have been more precise to say that she could walk. However now that she has new blue shoes with flowers on them she walks much more than she crawls. And you can hear her coming.

Have you seen the date? It means that I'm now officially over the half way mark in the Studio New Town Bikram Yoga 30 day challenge. I know that I'm not meant to think about anything during class, yet today, at about Standing Bow pose, I started thinking about 'habits' that Anna talked about yesterday. I am only too aware of the habits that I've nursed along ever since I started doing Bikram Yoga classes three years ago. I'm going to put them out there in an attempt to do away with them forever. They are wiping sweat from underneath my nose and pulling my shorts out from my derriere. I know, not pretty. Tomorrow I am going to abstain from this detrimental, repetitive behaviour and I'm under no illusion that it is going to be easy. Especially as tomorrow I'm going to do not one but two classes. Look out.
R

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing your thoughts! Rx