Pages

Saturday 24 March 2012

Milestones.

It was a red letter day in our house yesterday when Miss Camelia took her first steps!



She hasn't taken many today as I suppose that she has spent most of the day strapped into the pram. Despite the wintery weather - we were greeted with a dusting of snow on Mt Wellington this morning - we walked down the road to the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery (TMAG):



This is where David Walsh used to go when he wagged church as an adolescent. Now he has his own museum MONA.

The TMAG is groaning at the seams with amazing things - art, decorative arts, zoological specimens - yet at the moment only a small amount is on display while they renovate. Did you know that they have Kylie Minogue's wedding dress from when Charlene married Scott on Neighbours? I'm sure that you probably didn't. My children were happy to re explore the Islands to Ice Antarctic exhibition for the trillionth time. It gave me a chance to have a cup of green tea in the cafe in peace.

Then I was surprised to recognise one of the five copies of the dvd artwork that our Art Collecting Group recently purchased on display in the gallery downstairs. I'm sure that it will look just as striking when we have it going at our place.

Over the last couple of days I have been organising a surprise party for my father in laws 90th birthday. We are inviting him to ours for a family lunch. To coincide with the cutting of the cake there is going to be a knock at the door whereby twenty of his friends will materialise to celebrate with him. One of them asked if it might be too big surprise for him - he has recently had surgery for a stent so I'm hoping his heart should be up to it.

Kim and Mimi are out at the father/daughter camp. Look how busy all the dads are trying to get dinner sorted before it gets too dark:



I'm going to try my hardest to get the boys and the baby into bed early so I can make serious inroads into season one of Downton Abbey. I hope it's as good as everybody says. Better get on the case.

R


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing your thoughts! Rx