Pages

Saturday 7 January 2012

Tomorrow.

Today I got up early so as to have my sixth consecutive day on the mat as tomorrow I am bound for the Gold Coast and the Bikram Yoga Advanced Seminar with Bikram Choudhury along with 250 other people. It was a particularly tough camel and lying on the mat in Savasana after I was convinced my inner voice was taunting me by telling the class about my blog. But it wasn't me it was Anna - speaking out loud!  So a big welcome to everybody reading from Studio New Town.

During Pada Hastasana, with my head pressed below my knees and sweat dripping into my nose the thought occurred to me - why am I going on a resort holiday to subject myself to this every day?

I must say that while I am a tad trepidatious about so much yoga I am very curious about what it will be like and absolutely exhilarated by the concept of a week in a Queensland resort without nappies, washing, meals to prepare and the other everyday elements of domesticity which accompany my usual existence.

What else did I do today? I walked the dogs and the children to the park and cut all of the red hot pokers out of my front garden beds. This is the after shot:



I thought I'd finally eradicated them yet every year there they are demanding attention and clashing with the more sedate pinks, whites and yellows.

Suppose I'd better go and pack.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing your thoughts! Rx