Pages

Sunday 5 February 2012

Dinner.

Last night the cooking gods smiled on me. Which was very lucky as it made dinner delicious - I am still recovering from the amazement. I was pedantic with the use of my camera so without further adieu I give you last night's dinner party:

The guests:




Caramelised Onion Tart:




Rabbit with Agen Prunes and pommes de mon terre:


Chocolate Pots with berries and biscuit:




Of course, in the true spirit of French dining there was a chesse course between main and dessert.

We finally got to bed at 3am. It's not as bad as it sounds as Camelia was kind to us and obligingly slept until 10am, the boys were ecstatic to have a generous dose of morning TV and Mimi was at a sleepover.

So I have just been out and weeded my veggie patch. I am ashamed to show the before photo:



It looks neat now:


Although virtually denuded except for a couple of self seeded tomato plants and kale. I have given it a good dose of sheep manure and blood and bone which is being rained in as I type as the weather has just turned very wet. Bad news for Kim's brother's party he's hosting in the Waterworks Reserve this evening although good news for the garden.

Right now I'm finished weeding and off to pay the hot room a visit.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing your thoughts! Rx